The Monkey and the Crocodile Story for Kids

The Monkey and the Crocodile Story for Kids



The Monkey and the Crocodile Story for Kids: There was a tree of berries on the banks of the lake in the forest. When the season came, they used to put very sweet and juicy berries in it. That jamun tree was the home of a monkey named 'Rakmukh'. Whenever there were berries on the tree, he used to eat them with great fun. His life was happy.

One day a crocodile floated in the lake under the same tree of berries on which the monkey lived. The monkey saw him, then broke down some berries for him and dropped them down. The crocodile was hungry. His hunger was consumed by eating berries.

He said to the monkey, "I was a very hungry friend. Your given berries calmed my hunger. Thank you very much. "


"When a friend has said, what is the matter of thanks?" You come here every day. This tree is loaded with berries. We will taste the berries together. " The monkey said to the crocodile out of friendship.

From that day on the monkey and the crocodile became good friends. The crocodile would come to the lake every day and eat a lot of berries from the monkey and talk to him a lot. The monkey was very happy to find a crocodile as a friend.

One day both of them talked about their families, the monkey said, "Friend, I have no one in the name of family." I am alone in this world. But the loneliness of my life has gone away from friendship with you. I am very thankful to God that he sent you into my life as a friend. "

The crocodile said, "I am very happy to have you as a friend. But I am not alone. I have a wife We live together across the lake. "

"Oh there was such a thing, so why didn't you tell earlier?" I would send berries to them too. " The monkey said and that day he also sent berries for crocodile's wife.

Read: 3 stories to learn not to be jealous

On reaching home, when the crocodile gave the monkey sent berries to his wife, he asked, "Nath, where did you bring such sweet berries from?"

"These berries have been given to me by my friend, the monkey, who lives on the berry tree across the lake." The crocodile uttered.

“Monkey and Crocodile Friendship! How are you talking, Nath? Are monkeys and crocodiles ever friends? They are our diet. If you brought the monkey to the place of berries, we would have tasted its flesh together. " The crocodile's wife said.

"Beware, who else ever said such a thing. Monkey is my friend He feeds me sweet berries daily. I can never hurt him. " The crocodile rebuffed her wife and she was left in her mind.


Here the friendship of monkey and crocodile continued. The two continued to meet and talk and ate berries. The monkey now started sending berries for crocodile wives as well.

Whenever a crocodile's wife eats berries, she thinks that the heart of a monkey who eats such sweet berries every day will be so sweet? I wish I could get her food! But due to fear, she would not say anything to her husband. But as the days passed, the craving to eat the monkey's heart grew in his mind.

She could not directly demand a monkey's heart from her husband. So he figured out an idea. One evening when the crocodile came back to meet the monkey, he saw that his wife was lying down.

On asking, she said shedding tears, "My health is very bad. I think I will not be saved now. Nath, take care of yourself after me. "

Crocodile loved his wife very much. He could not see his condition. He said sadly, "Dear! Do not say that. We will go to the Vaidya and get your treatment done. "


"I went to Vaidya. But the treatment he has given me is not possible. ”

"If you tell me, I will give you all possible treatment."

Crocodile's wife was in search of this opportunity. She said, "Vaidya has said that I can recover by eating the monkey's heart. You bring me the monkey

"What are you saying? I have told you that the monkey is my friend. I can't cheat on him. " The crocodile was not ready to accept his wife.

"If that's the case, then be prepared to see my dead face." His wife cried furiously.

The crocodile got confused. On the one hand, there was a friend, on the other side a wife. In the end, he decided to save his wife's life. The next day, he started taking the monkey's heart in the morning. His wife was not happy and started waiting for him to return.

When the crocodile approached the monkey, the monkey said, "Friend, this morning this morning." What is the matter?"


"Friend, your sister-in-law is eager to meet you. She complains to me every day that I eat the berries given to you. But never calls you home and welcomes you. Today he invited you to the banquet. I have brought the same message in the morning. " The crocodile told a lie.

You may also like: The Ants And The Grasshopper 

"Friend, thank you, sister, in law. But I am a living organism and you people are living creatures in the water. I can not cross this lake. How can I come to your house? " The monkey explained his problem.

"friend! Do not worry that I will take you to my house with me on my back. "

The monkey got ready and jumped from the tree and sat on the back of the crocodile. The crocodile started swimming in the lake. When they reached the middle of the lake, the crocodile thought that now there is no problem in telling the monkey the reality. He cannot return from here.

He said to the monkey, "Friend, remember God. Now only a few watches are left in your life. I am not taking you to the banquet but to kill you. "

Hearing this, the monkey said in astonishment, “Friend, what have I done to you, that you want to kill me. I considered you a friend, feed you the berries and you are giving my reward with my life. "

The crocodile told the monkey everything and said, "Friend, your soul is necessary for the life of your sister-in-law." She will be able to get well after eating your heart. I hope you understand my helplessness. "

The monkey understood the tricks of the crocodile's wife. He was very angry at both the crocodile and his wife. But the time was not to show anger but to act with wisdom.


The monkey was clever. Immediately, a solution came to his mind to save his life and he said to the crocodile, "Friend, why didn't you tell me that the sister-in-law has to eat my heart?" We monkeys keep our heart in a tree cover. I have also kept my heart in the coat of berries. Now if you go with my sister-in-law, she will not be able to eat my heart. "

"If that's the case, then I take you back to the tree. You give me your heart I will take it and give it to my wife. " Saying that the crocodile immediately changed its direction and started swimming back towards the berries.

As soon as the crocodile reached the shore of the lake, the monkey jumped and climbed the berries. The crocodile from below said, "Friend! Give me your heart quickly. Your sister must be waiting. "

"idiot! You do not even know that the soul of any creature is in its body. Let's run away from here. I have no friendship with a treacherous person like you. " The monkey said while bowing to the crocodile.

The crocodile was very ashamed and started thinking that I had made a mistake by saying the difference of my mind. He again said for the purpose of gaining the trust of the monkey, "Friend, I was cheating on you. Do not take my words to heart Let's go home You must be sharing your sister-in-law. "

"Wicked, I am not stupid enough that now I will come in your words. A treacherous person like you is not worthy of friendship. Go here and never come again. " The monkey said while mocking the crocodile.


The crocodile took his face and went away.

Moral from the Story "The Monkey and the Crocodile": Never betray a friend and Patience and intelligence should be used in times of disaster.
Read This Also: Two Foolish Cats and a Clever Monkey


I Hope friend that you liked this story "The Monkey and the Crocodile" .

Do share with your friend and family and save this page to your homepage to enjoy our every posts.

The Monkey and the Crocodile Story for Kids,The Monkey and the Crocodile,The Monkey and the Crocodile Story,the monkey and the crocodile story script,short stories for kids,panchatantra monkey stories

1 Comments

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post